We’ve been pinching ourselves all week. Do we really get to do this for a living? Spend time in a gorgeous city surrounded by beauty at every turn with fabulous, interesting, accomplished and fun loving women who also love to walk, shop, eat and drink?
So in addition to the camaraderie, which is the focal point of every trip, what else do we love about our Buying Trips to Paris? Here are just five good reasons:
5. Inspiration! It starts with Paris, the City of Light, filled with style and inspiration at every level. As designer Traci Zeller wrote in her blog this week, even on a rainy day, Paris is beautiful. Lucky for us, though, the rain disappeared quickly and we had a crisp and sunny Paris, all week (although we admit that one of our top five reasons is NOT the weather in Paris!).
We are surrounded by beauty when we come to Paris, and by people who appreciate it and use it to inspire themselves in every line of work. We love to watch the city evolve through their lens and to share the magic that they take away from it.
4. Value: It may sound a little commercial but with the dollar stronger than ever, and the relationships that we’ve built up with vendors over the years, our clients can get more value out of their purchases than ever before. It’s a perfect little storm that we will never take for granted.
3. Process: We enjoy the day-to-day process of the purchase, from the first bonjour, to the interaction, the negotiating, and the flirting in the most polite and pleasant way. Our clients have embraced it, and everyone has more fun because of it!
2. Rewards: What would a day be without the rewards? The champagne that tops off all the great purchases, or the delicious meals that end the day!
- Variety: And the number one reason we love our buying trips is is to see what treasures our clients love to buy and get a whole new appreciation for their interests. That’s what keeps it fresh and fun for us, and we hope, for you! See what fun treasures our clients found:
It’s been another fabulous whirlwind trip, with at least 15,000 busy steps every day (and probably equally as many calories of cheese, chocolate and champagne!), but who’s counting? We’ve loved the ladies and loved watching them negotiate, flirt, bargain and buy!
With this eclectic group of women, there were several things that bonded us together, including our mutual love of dogs, antiques and “objets.” We managed to move a lot of antiques, but much to our group’s dog diggin’ dismay, there was one that wouldn’t budge:
PS: While in Paris, we got to put the finishing touches on our little jewel box. Stay tuned for the final “Paris renovation: Before and After” next week.